4/27/2020 12:25:17 AM
Scientific production and borderless communication. This is how USERN responded to the second severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) global pandemic, due to the Corona Virus 2019 or as we know it the COVID-19 outbreak. Twenty members of USERN Advisory board members challenged the current testing approach that was not fast enough to arrest the pandemic in an article published in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Twenty-one USERN Junior Ambassadors from all around the world on the other hand, suggested how borderless collaboration might help stop the pandemic sooner than later. USERN Interest Groups were actively spreading facts and figures, while the Network of Immunity in Infection, Malignancy and Autoimmunity (NIIMA) telegram channel published daily posts about development of new vaccines and immunopathology of the disease. The SMERG group funder Dr. Ameneh Saghazadeh and Professor Nima Rezaei reviewed the immunoepidemiological aspects of COVID-19 in a co-authored publication in the Expert Reviews of Clinical Immunology.
List of USERN publications on COVID-19 during April 2020
1. Photobiomodulation and Antiviral Photodynamic Therapy as a Possible Novel Approach in COVID-19 Management.
Photobiomodul Photomed Laser Surg. 2020 Apr 23. https://doi.org/10.1089/photob.2020.4868.
2. All together to Fight Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2020 Apr 22. https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.20-0281.
3. Borderless collaboration is needed for COVID-19; a disease that knows no borders.
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Apr 22:1-7. https://doi.org/10.1017/ice.2020.162.
4. COVID-19 affects healthy pediatricians more than pediatric patients.
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Apr 16:1. https://doi.org/10.1017/ice.2020.139.
5. COVID-19 and telemedicine: Immediate action required for maintaining healthcare providers well-being.
J Clin Virol. 2020 Apr 4;126:104345. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcv.2020.104345.
6. Death Due to Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in Three
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2020 Apr 10. https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.20-0240.
7. Fecal transmission in COVID-19: A potential shedding route.
J Med Virol. 2020 Apr 1. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmv.25816.
8. Immune-epidemiological parameters of the novel coronavirus - a perspective.
Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2020 Apr 6;0(0):1-6. https://doi.org/10.1080/1744666X.2020.1750954.