11/11/2018 11:58:35 AM
In a peaceful sunny day at Reggio Calabria, located at the toe of the Italian peninsula, USERN held the awarding ceremony of USERN prize 2018 where USERN 2018 laureates were recognized. November 10th, designated by the United Nations as world’s science day for development and peace, is the day for the annual USERN Congress and Prize Festival Awarding Ceremony.
The Italian host of the congress and festival, the European School of Genetic in Medicine, had done utmost efforts to bring elements of the Italian scientific community to the congress. Starting with welcome note from Professor Giovanni Romeo, ESGM president. Morning lectures went on by welcome lectures by Rector of the Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria, Professor Pasquale Catanoso. The district attorney of Reggio Calabria, then came to the podium to introduce, local institutional representatives including Alessandra Testa, Giusepe Falcomata, Nicola Irto, Giuseppina Princi, Carmelo Malacrino , who all took a chance to welcome USERN congress delegate and students of the Leonardo da Vinci Lycaeum. The choir group of the Leonardo da Vinci Lycaeum made a beautiful art performance with the Italian national anthem.
Dr. Marco Lombardo, opened the key note lectures with "science between rule of law, security and peace", followed by Professor. Francecso Cucca with his outstanding presentation about model genetic studies the Sardinian population.
Last before the USERN prize awarding festival, was a memorial note to the cultural legacy of Luca Cavalli-Sforza, Italian geneticist, scientist and academic, with significant contribution to anthropology genetics and history, delivered by his son Francesco Cavalli-Sforza.
The USERN Prize Awarding festival was the final program of morning session introducing five young USERN laureates in five fields of science:
1. USERN Formal Laureate: Dr. Jacob Biamonte with "Putting Quantum Paradoxes to Work" from Deep Quantum Labs, Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Moscow, Russia
2. USERN Physical Laureate: Dr. Xavier Moya with the "Environment-Friendly Solid -State Refrigeration", from Department of Materials Science, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
3. USERN Biological Laureate: Dr. Alex Fornito, with "Maps, Models, and Modifiers of Brain Changes in Psychosis", from Brain and Mental Health Research Hub, Monash Institute of Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences, Victoria, Australia
4. USERN Medical Laureate: Dr. Jian Paolo Fadini with "Circulating Stem Cells In Diabetic Complications (REMEDIATION)" from Department of Medicine DIMED, University of Padova, Veneto, Italy
5. USERN Social Laureate: Dr. Igor Grossman with "Wisdom: Towards The Social and Behavioral Science of Sound Judgment", from University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
The USERN 2018 Prize Festival came to a finish by introducing the next host of USERN Congress in Budapest, Hungary, honouring USERN supporters, the Basir Eye Health Research Institute, and Jeffery-Modell Foundation and finally a memorandum of agreement between USERN and the Monash University of Australia.
Read More on IRNA_News:
And Akharin_Khabar News Agency: