10/7/2021 10:36:04 AM
Vaccines are old but still successful: A compromising confrontation
More than a year has passed since the coronavirus pandemic, during this time we have witnessed lifestyle changes, the destruction of many businesses, harm to the education sector, economic problems of governments, pressure on countries' health systems and, most importantly, widespread deaths.
Many developed countries were undertaken a nationwide quarantine with an extensive screening at the community level and adherence to protection protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in their community; despite advantages of these measurements, after breaking the restrictions, the epidemic flared up. On the other hand, due to the damage caused by these quarantines, non-compliance with these laws by some individuals, and pressure on governments, permanent restrictions were not possible.
These complications have forced governments to find a solution. Discovering or making an effective and definitive medication might take many years; so, what is the best solution?
The researchers followed the same path that had previously controlled or even eradicated many infectious diseases. vaccine!
It did not take long for the advancement of biotechnology, along with the availability of vast financial resources and manpower, to lead to the development of vaccines with remarkable effectiveness that gave people hope. Institutions and health and pharmaceutical organizations reviewed the information, quality, safety, and effectiveness of different vaccines carefully; the results were quite accurate and reliable; meanwhile, the advice of these institutions is:
Do not wait! Inject any available approved vaccine.
Now the way is clear: extended vaccination
In countries with widespread vaccination, the situation has changed, the number of hospitalizations has dropped dramatically, COVID-19 mortality among vaccinated people was reduced near to zero, and restrictions have been gradually removed.
In contrast, countries that postponed vaccinations continued to tolerate the burden of the disease. These countries initially lost a significant number of physicians and medical personnel due to COVID-19. However, some of them started vaccination from the medical staff and were able to protect the vaccinated people. In the latest report from these countries, the authorities reported zero deaths from COVID-19 among fully vaccinated nurses, and all infected cases had mild COVID-19 and did not require hospitalization. (1)
Ever since the vaccine was developed, the new generation of high-efficacy mRNA vaccines is of particular importance, although critics of the rapid development of this type of vaccine have argued that it is the first of its kind to be widely used. It is noteworthy that the first and only corona vaccine that has so far been fully licensed by a reputable scientific authority was the mRNA vaccine. (2) These vaccines have also been advised by reputable scientific bodies such as the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for adolescents. (3,4)
Some countries, such as the United Kingdom and Israel, inject boosters into their citizens, the FDA recently approved the injection of a third dose of the vaccine for people over 65 years and also high-risk people. (5) The latest serological data from a study in Israel declared that people who get the third dose of the vaccine are 10 times more immune to COVID-19 compared to those who get only two doses. The study reported that the third dose had the fewest side effects at all ages. (6)
Considering the possible claim made in the field of increasing the incidence of infection after the relative decrease of the infection incidence, we should pay attention to the declined statistics reported in studies with high follow-up time and analysis, which shows the explicit role of vaccination in reducing the incidence of infection: Vaccination reduced the overall virus attack rate from 9.0% to 4.6% over 300 days. Vaccination markedly reduced adverse outcomes, with decreased non-intensive care unit (ICU) hospitalizations, ICU hospitalizations, and deaths by 63.5%, 65.6%, and 69.3%, respectively, across the same period. (7)
Unfortunately, in all societies, people are opposed to vaccination for whatever reason. Critics consider compulsory vaccination to be contrary to individual freedoms and human rights. In response, it should be said that compulsory vaccination cannot be a violation of individual freedoms because an unvaccinated person is not only at risk of contracting the disease, but also increases the risk of transmitting the virus and becoming ill by being present in the community and interacting with others. In fact, the purpose of vaccination is to protect human life and health; for or against. Laws and regulations are enacted in all societies to maintain order and security, and individuals cannot break the law and cause chaos in society under the pretext of individual rights and personal reasons.
A significant number of opponents of the vaccine have no scientific reason to oppose it, and their opposition to the term is due to "the conspiracy theory", to the extent that they also oppose safeguards and health guidelines such as the use of masks. Of course, this problem can be partially solved by accessing accurate scientific and sufficient information about vaccines.
A number of critics accuse pharmaceutical companies and researchers of trying to divert public attention from the side effects of vaccines through widespread publicity on social media as well as normalizing uncertainty. But we need to know that all drugs and treatments have some side effects, and certainty is meaningless, and in fact, the results of medical science, which is a branch of experimental science, are based on scientific evidence and findings. So based on credible scientific evidence and the results of clinical trials which were mentioned in our previous UQR, it can be said that approved vaccines are not only safe but also very effective, and as mentioned, very rare and minor side effects of the vaccine are not comparable to the terrible side effects of the COVID-19 disease. There is a widespread misunderstanding of vaccines in cyberspace that YouTube recently announced that it would block any anti-vaccine content henceforth! (8)
Those who do not believe in vaccination cite "causality in medicine" and say that the reduction in COVID-19 mortality may not be due to vaccination, but to factors such as the development of health systems. However, it is clear that in all clinical trials, the control group is used and the observations are evaluated according to this standard. Therefore, it is illogical to assume that vaccines have been ineffective, but that health systems have evolved over a year to control the pandemic.
Now let's discuss a concern
In the United Kingdom, where post-vaccination and follow-up care has well established a study reported that 30,000 women develop abnormal uterine bleeding after receiving the vaccine; Don’t worry, in this article, Dr. Mill says that most of these changes are temporary and the condition will return to normal after a short period. (9) It is a small number compared to the 47 million doses of vaccine injected in the UK. The results of a study indicated that almost a quarter of women with COVID-19 also experienced abnormal uterine bleeding. (10)
Dr. Jo Mountfield, the Vice President of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Says:
"There is no evidence to suggest that these temporary changes will have any impact on a person’s future fertility, or their ability to have children. It is important to get vaccinated as the best protection against coronavirus. This is especially important if you are planning a pregnancy, as we know unvaccinated pregnant women are more at risk of becoming seriously ill from COVID-19." (11)
Corona pandemic has caused many problems and some hidden damage that cannot be seen. The health care system has experienced a lot of losses in the last two years. societies strongly need an appropriate and efficient solution. Vaccines are extremely effective in preventing severe cases and deaths, and their side effects are rare and unlikely. Prevention always takes precedence over treatment, so it can be said with certainty that rapid and widespread vaccination is the best and least dangerous way to end the current situation and return to normal.
The choice is yours: vaccinate and return to life or continue in the existing hell.
1. mortality rate of nurses decreased near to zero after vaccination 2021 [Available from: https://www.ghatreh.com/news/nn60768987/%D9%85%D8%B1%DA%AF-%D9%85%DB%8C%D8%B1-%D9%BE%D8%B1%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF-%D9%88%D8%A7%DA%A9%D8%B3%DB%8C%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%B3%DB%8C%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%B5%D9%81%D8%B1-%D8%B1%D8%B3%DB%8C%D8%AF.
2. FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine 2021 [Available from: https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine.
3. 5 Things to Know: COVID-19 Vaccine for Adolescents 12 through 17 2021 [Available from: https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/5-things-you-need-know-about-covid-19-vaccine-adolescents-12-through-17.
4. COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens 2021 [updated Aug. 17, 2021. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/adolescents.html.
5. 2021. FDA Authorizes Booster Dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for Certain Populations [Available from: https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-authorizes-booster-dose-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-certain-populations.
6. Israeli research: 3rd vaccine dose produces 10 times more antibodies than 2nd 2021 [Available from: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-research-3rd-vaccine-dose-produces-10-times-more-antibodies-than-2nd/amp/.
7. Moghadas SM, Vilches TN, Zhang K, Wells CR, Shoukat A, Singer BH, et al. The impact of vaccination on COVID-19 outbreaks in the United States. medRxiv. 2021.
8. Managing harmful vaccine content on YouTube 2021 [Available from: https://blog.youtube/news-and-events/managing-harmful-vaccine-content-youtube/.
9. Male V. Menstrual changes after covid-19 vaccination. 2021.
10. Viki Male JM, Sarah Hardman. RCOG/FSRH respond to reports of 30,000 women’s periods affected after COVID-19 vaccine royal college of obstetricians and gynaecologists2021 [Available from: https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/news/rcogfsrh-responds-to-reports-of-30000-womens-periods-affected-after-covid-19-vaccine/.
10. Kezhen Li GC, Hongyan Hou, Qiuyue Liao, Jing Chen, Hualin Bai, Shiyeow Lee, Cheng Wang, Huijun Li, Liming Cheng, Jihui Ai. Analysis of sex hormones and menstruation in COVID-19 women of child-bearing age. RBMO. 2021;42(1):260-7.
11. Viki Male JM, Sarah Hardman. RCOG/FSRH respond to reports of 30,000 women’s periods affected after COVID-19 vaccine royal college of obstetricians and gynaecologists2021 [Available from: https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/news/rcogfsrh-responds-to-reports-of-30000-womens-periods-affected-after-covid-19-vaccine/.