All around the world, thousands of scientists are making the best of their efforts to find solutions for the scientific problems in their field of specialty, in order to promote life situations and make the universe a more befitting host for all the living creatures.
Having the glory of an outstanding achievement in mind, it should not be forgotten that diligence in the path has an equal importance. Thinking on a world with the “sciences without borders”, which means the interdisciplinary sciences without any geographical borders, made us make something different in the world! We believe that our lives are too short, while once we learn something, we realize that we are enough old to do something; so, sharing experiences with talented juniors and encouraging them to continue the correct way on science might lead to a better world in the future.
Purposing on acknowledging junior scientists for all their efforts and achievements, and encouraging them to proceed with their goals, the Universal Scientific Education and Research Network (USERN) was established. The USERN Prize is to be awarded for the first time at the closing ceremony of 1st USERN congress. The operational plan has been briefly described in the following sessions.
The Universal Scientific Education and Research Network (USERN) has been inaugurated in 2015 as an independent organization with the main purpose of peaceful and humanitarian promotion of education and research, universally. It comprises of top 1% scientists in all 21 scientific fields as the advisory board members who would manage and supervise the educational and research programs in their field of specialty. The executive members in both educational and research programs would be loyal to ethical principles and put their efforts to direct the network for
USERN prize is an international award, established by the USERN, which would be annually bestowed to junior scientists or researchers less than 40 years of age for any novel advancement or achievement in scientific education, research, or serving the humanity in five scientific fields including medical sciences, life sciences, formal sciences, physical sciences, and social sciences.
The 1st and 2nd International Festivals for Awarding USERN prize have been held on November 10th and the prize was bestowed in the World Science Day for Peace and Development (November 10th). The host of the first festival, held in November 2016, was Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS), Tehran, Iran, while the hosts of the second festival, held in November 2017, were four universities in Kharkov, Ukraine.
The 1st Prize Delegate "USERN Award" includes:
- 5,000$* award for Promoting Advancement of Scientific Knowledge in a responsible manner to address human needs and aspirations
- USERN Prize statuettes presented along with USERN Medal
- Special USERN gift(s)
- Free registration to all scientific and social events during the Congress
- Prize Laureates will be offered Honorary Advisory Board
- USERN Laureates will be offered a one-week scientific visit by their own cost in a number of top institutes worldwide*, which will be credited for 2019-2020 (should be discussed and arranged, if interested)
* 5,000$ USERN 2019 award includes:
- 3,000 USD, including 2,000 USD cash award during the USERN 2019 Festival (November 10th) and 1,000 USD Travel Grant to be reimbursed after the Congress in Reggio Calabria, Italy.
- 2,000 USD USERN Grant for the establishment of an active interest group in USERN, leasing to the promotion of your scientific work and scientific output, which could be awarded to you during one of the USERN Congress 2019-2021.
* The list of institutes that have already provisionally accepted to host the winners is as follow:
Scientific visit of St. Giles Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases, The Rockefeller University, USA
Scientific visit of Laboratory of Nanomedicine and Biomaterials, Harvard Medical School, USA
Scientific visit of Department of Pediatrics, Nippon Medical School, Japan
Scientific visit of Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Scientific visit of Division of Immunopathology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Scientific visit of Dr. von Hauner Children’s Hospital, Munich, Ludwig-Maximilians-University (Germany)
Scientific visit of the Department of Stem Cell Transplantation, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany
Scientific visit of Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Scientific visit of Royan Institute, Iran
Scientific visit of University of California, Irvine, USA
Scientific visit of Multi-Disciplinary Big Data and Visualization Lab, Riverside, USA
Scientific visit of Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon
Scientific visit of Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Scientific visit of Allergy & Clinical Immunology Research Center, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Scientific visit of Department of Immunology & Infectious Diseases, Sydney Children's Hospital, Australia
The applicants should submit their applications for USERN Prize 2019 from January via the online application form.
USERN LAUREATES 2016
* Floris De Lange (Netherlands) in Social Sciences
FOR: Expectation sharpens the visual response
* Alexander Leemans (Belguim/Netherlands) in Medical Sciences
FOR: PROcessing and VIsualization in Diffusion Imaging
* Jamshid Aghaei (Iran) in Physical Sciences
FOR: Evaluating Technical Benefits and Risks of Renewable Energy Sources Increasing Penetration in Electrical Networks
* Morteza Mahmoudi (Iran/USA) in Biological Sciences
FOR: Defining the Biological Identity of Nanotherapeutics for High Yield Cancer Therapy
* Lucas Joppa (USA) in Formal Sciences
FOR: Technology for Nature
USERN LAUREATES 2017
* Matjaž Perc (Slovenia) in Social Sciences
For: Transitions Towards Cooperation in Human Societies
* Lucina Qazi Uddin (USA) in Medical Sciences
For: Brain Dynamics and Flexible Behavior in Autism and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity
* Maria-Magdalena Titirici (UK) in Physical Sciences
For: The Design of Efficient and Low-Cost Electrocatalysts Catalysts Without the Use of Critical Metals
* Valentina Cauda (Italy) in Biological Sciences
For: Hybrid Immune-Eluding Nanocrystals as Smart and Active Theranostic Weapons Against Cancer -TrojaNanoHorse
* Manlio De Domenico (Spain) in Formal Sciences
For: Multilayer Structure and Dynamics of the Physical World: Modeling the Complexity of Systems of Systems
USERN LAUREATES 2018
* Igor Grossmann (Canada) in Social Sciences
For: Wisdom - Towards The Social and Behavioral Science of Sound Judgment
* Gian Paolo Fadini (Italy) in Medical Sciences
For: ciRculating stEM cElls in DIAbetic complicaTIONs (REMEDIATION)
* Alex Fornito (Australia) in Biological Sciences
For: Maps, Models, and Modifiers of Brain Changes in Psychosis
* Xavier Moya (UK) in Physical Sciences
For: Barocaloric Materials for Environment-Friendly Solid -State Refrigeration
* Jacob D Biamonte (Russia) in Formal Sciences
For: Quantum Enhanced Machine Learning